Who we are
Meyer & Meyer Sport UK is the UK arm of Meyer & Meyer Sport, a specialist publishing house. Our head office address is: Meyer & Meyer Sport (UK), 31 Furze Platt Road, Maidenhead SL6 7NE.
Our website address is: http://meyer-meyer-sport.co.uk
We can be emailed at: email@example.com
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Non- personally-identifying information
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how visitors use our website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information within report form, such as on trends in the usage of our website, but the circulation for such a report would be internal, including only Meyer & Meyer Sport UK, Meyer & Meyer Sport, and their employees and directly employed and accountable consultants.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to our website choose to interact with us in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our posts to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive our latest updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, we collect such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with us.
Details of data collected
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, date/time/length of visit and number of page views);
- When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection;
- We collect information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including your email address and personal preferences);
- Information that you provide to us when you enter competitions, including your name, email address and residential address. If you win, we will let you know and send you your prize. In order to effectively run the competition we will share your details with those employees involved in the competition. In order to publicise our competitions and winners, your Christian name and where given, locality, will be shared with users of our website and the public;
- Information that you provide to us when you give a book review or rating (including your name and email address if provided). Email addresses will not be stored or publicised;
- Any other information that you choose to send to us which can be reasonably linked to you personally;
- Other publicly available personal data, including any which you have shared with us via a public platform (such as a Twitter feed or public Facebook page).
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website
- inform any decision we make to restrict access to areas of our website or indeed refuse access to our whole website
- send you prizes or information relating to a prize that you have won.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the permission you have granted us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
When you sign up to receiving our email newsletter the personal information you provide will be held by Mailchimp, a marketing automation platform.
While your email address remains within the Mailchimp database, you will receive emails from us. We do not share this data with any third party organisations other than the database held at Mailchimp for our use. Emails are created by our in-house team. You may unsubscribe from our email list at any time using the unsubscribe link contained in all our emails.
We use the Contact Form 7 plugin to manage contact form submissions. The information is relayed to us as email messages that only a select few are allowed to access. The form does not store submitted messages and your information is not passed on for any purpose other than addressing the reason for your contact.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any as this facility may not be available), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information. Different retention periods apply for different types of data. For any goods and services bought (if any), the longest we normally hold your personal data is seven years.
Do you share information and data with other parties?
No, although we do use some WordPress plugins on this website that may pass data, including personal information, to external servers to process such as Aksimet Anti-Spam.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers.
WordPress.org’s guidelines clearly prohibit tracking users without their explicit informed consent.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law
b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), information which you provide may be transferred to countries including the United States (US) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA. Many US websites adhere to the US Safe Harbor Privacy Principles and are registered with the US Department of Commerce’s Safe Harbor Program.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall-protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
Our Contact Information
Meyer & Meyer Sport (UK)
31 Furze Platt Road
Maidenhead SL6 7NE